What’s New, Connie MkII?
Connie MkII is very glad you asked.
This year She needs your help in taking over ConSuite. To that end She has issued the following edicts for your pleasures:
- If you volunteer 15 hours in Her ConSuite she will gladly issue you a Connie MkII T-Shirt exclusive to Her volunteers. This is in addition to the regular volunteer T-Shirts you will earn with the same volunteer hours. She smile graciously on her minions.
- Connie MkII has allowed the ConSuite to provide both soup and rice to her adoring fans from the hours of 11:00am to 2:00am each day of CONvergence. A happy minion is a pliable one.
What is there to do in ConSuite?
Folks come to ConSuite for munchies, soda, conversation and board games. You’ll find us in the second floor cabanas on the pool end of the hotel.
When are breakfast, lunch and dinner served in ConSuite?
There are no posted times for “real” food because they’re special “WOW” events and we fear massive crowds of hungry people. ConSuite is not set up to fulfill all your weekend dietary needs. Expect to rely on outside sources of food throughout the weekend.
I ascribe to the Klingon Live-Food Diet. Will ConSuite accommodate my needs?
ConSuite provides a variety of foods, some of which are friendly for vegan, kosher and Atkins diets. We will try to label soups and other meal-like foods to the best of our abilities. Unfortunately, we are currently unable to offer Klingon Live-Food products.
What are your rules on alcohol?
- No alcohol in ConSuite. Please, there are private room and party room where alcohol will be served.
- The convention does not provide alcohol.
- Do not distribute alcohol in ConSuite.
- Blatant drunkenness is prohibited. OPS will be called if members are drunk and/or disruptive.
- Do not openly brandish bottles of alcohol.
- Abandoned alcohol will be confiscated and disposed of.
- If it is a law outside of the hotel, it is a law inside. Do not give alcohol to anyone under age 21.
What are your other rules?
- ConSuite is Non-Smoking.
- Unattended infants and young children will be escorted to the bridge; do not leave your children alone here.
I see something broken/spilled/empty or needing attention. What should I do?
If you see someone who looks like they’re actually working, you can tell him or her. Otherwise, go to room 212 in ConSuite & let someone know. If no one answers the door, tell the person badging outside of that room. He or she probably won’t be able to fix the problem, but ConSuite staff periodically check with them to see if there have been problems reported.
What are your hours of operation?
ConSuite opens at 3PM on Thursday. We often need assistance setting up, beginning around 3pm on Wednesday, so if you’re interested in getting volunteer time done early, we may be able to accomodate you. ConSuite closes at about 6pm on Sunday (when closing ceremonies occurs) and tear-down begins shortly there-after. We really appreciate help cleaning up on Sunday night and Monday morning!
I’ve never volunteered before (or not for ConSuite anyway). Does ConSuite have anything for me to do?
YES! We have plenty of work within ConSuite — restocking snacks, keeping ConSuite neat and clean, and setting up and serving the stuff of ConSuite. The work isn’t really tough… but when you’re open nonstop for more than 75 hours, you really want to have some help! If you’d like to give us a hand, visit us at room 212 (the first room on the north side of ConSuite) or check in with Volunteers at Convergence Central.
Where can I get more information on ConSuite?
Visit the ConSuite section of this site, or contact us.
Why don’t you have different kinds of soda? (I like Coke and you only have Pepsi products!)
We are looking at all options this year with the hopes of doing the best for our overlord, Connie MkII.